The County is investing in cooperatives, both large and small to help expand the economy. Through cooperatives the county plans to reach cooperators in all sectors of the economy through provision of cooperative business model.
Vigorous market promotion and value addition through cooperatives will improve incomes of agriculture, livestock, products and service providers in Kajiado County. The Ushanga initiative has been fully embraced with registration of bead work cooperative societies to undertake the business.
– 30 Cooperatives registered
– Management committee trainings conducted for 11 cooperatives
– Tredairy Cooperative Society Launched in April 2018
– Partnership with development agencies enhanced, including Global Community, Mara Beef, and Child Fund
– Ushirika Day celebrations held
– General meetings for 51 cooperatives
attended where audited accounts were presented to their membership and Management
– Committees of 11 Cooperatives were also trained on sound management skills to enable them reap from their investments
My government is also specifically developing a policy of promoting equal and active participation of women (e.g. management training, financial services, upgrading of skills) so as to empower our women and remove them from the throes of marginalization.
H.E. Joseph Ole Lenku
Governor, Kajiado County
Download the Kajiado County Transformation eBook